Middle Church's rental fee includes the following:
• Access to our elegant, recently renovated facility
• Access to our equipment and an audio/visual engineer if renting the sanctuary
• A liaison from our staff (if needed)
• Sound check on day of event if renting sanctuary
• Cleaning services
All rental fees are due via PayPal (small fee to use) or by check made out to Middle Collegiate Church. 50% off the total fee is due upon execution of the contract; the other 50% must be paid seven days before the day of the event. Please note that event deposits are refundable with at least 30-days’ notice less an administrative fee of $100. Cancellations with less than 30-days’ notice will forfeit the entire deposit.
Yes, reduced rates are available for non-profit organizations. Please indicate your status when you contact us to host your event.
• Wedding ceremonies and receptions
• Private and corporate events such as cocktail parties and seated dinners
• Other celebratory occasions like birthday parties and baby/bridal showers
• Fundraising events (provided that your event does not conflict with Middle’s fundraising activities and that no products or services will be sold)
Political fundraisers cannot be held at Middle Church.
Any of the locations on our webpage are available to rent. Please visit our Room Descriptions page.
• Middle is generally not open overnight.
• We are typically busiest on Sundays but will do our best to accommodate you.
• We are unable to provide space on federal and Christian holidays when our offices are closed.
Our hospitality pod advances the logistical aspects of the event. On the day of the event itself, an audio/visual engineer will coordinate production needs for the sanctuary only. A staff liaison, if needed, will be present to answer questions and troubleshoot problems.If you are serving food and beverages, or are simply a large group, a porter will be present to remove garbage and clean up spills.
Once you have located the space you are interested in [note: please hyperlink to Room Descriptions page] and contacted us we will provide a specially tailored proposal with all estimated fees, including the following (if applicable):
• Staff fees: These are fees for specialized church technicians needed for set-up, staffing, and breakdown of your event. We will calculate the number of staff needed based on the details of your event.
• Time extension fee ($250 per hour for events lasting over 6 hours or running past midnight, whichever occurs first). This additional fee covers the costs of keeping the building open.
To reserve the space(s) and date(s) you'd like for your event, we must receive a deposit via PayPal (small usage fee) or by check.
• We have a chef who provides custom catering devoted to extraordinary events.
• You are welcome to bring in additional vendors as long as (a) each vendor understands and follows all guidelines for facility rental, (b) you give us a list of all vendors, including contact information, in advance of your event, and (c) each vendor submits a valid Certificate of Insurance to us in advance of your event.
• We are happy to provide a list of recommended vendors upon request!
To get started, fill out our inquiry form. Non-profits and schools should indicate their status in the e-mail.
Middle Church's hospitality staff will clean the space before and after your event: sweeping, mopping, detailing the bathroom, and taking care of any necessary repairs. You (or your caterer) are responsible for:
• breaking down all boxes, bagging all trash and depositing by our trash room;
• breaking down all rentals and placing in designated location in the venue for pick-up;
• and removing all outside/3rd party materials from the premises (gifts, guest book, signage, etc.).
Middle Church welcomes wine and beer at events that are staffed by church employees.
There is no outdoor or rooftop space available at Middle Collegiate Church.
We require all outside vendors coming into the space to provide a Certificate of Insurance.
Yes, the building is fully ADA compliant.
Confirmation of your date requires a 50% deposit along with a signed contract. The deposit will go towards the entire fee of renting the space. Should you cancel your event with at least 30-days’ notice, your deposit will be refunded less a $100 administrative fee. Cancellations with less than 30-days’ notice will forfeit the entire deposit. Final balance is due seven days before the event.